About Me
Hello! My name is Muhammad Rasyad Bin Salahuddin, a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Architecture graduate from Taylor’s University, Malaysia. My background in Art & Design during A-Levels sparked my passion for architecture, where I discovered the balance between creativity, functionality, and technical thinking. I believe that art and science should work together to create architecture that is meaningful, safe, sustainable, and responsive to its users and environment.
Growing up, I was fascinated by construction-based games such as Zoo Empire and architectural structures featured in shows and videos, which gradually developed my interest in the built environment. Throughout my academic journey, I balanced design projects, leadership roles, and extracurricular activities, strengthening my time management, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills.
With a strong foundation in fine arts, architectural design, and digital tools, I have developed skills in sketching, Revit, Enscape, AutoCAD, BIM, architectural representation, and design communication. My experiences in debating, emceeing, and volunteering have further strengthened my ability to communicate ideas, present confidently, collaborate with others, and respond constructively to feedback.
My architectural education has taught me that design is a continuous process of exploration, testing, failure, reflection, and refinement. From learning to build my first physical models to developing a complete final-year project, I have grown to become more independent and critical in my design thinking. I have learned to embrace feedback while maintaining my own architectural identity, manage the demands of studio, and understand that good architecture requires both creativity and technical knowledge.
As I begin my professional journey in architecture, I aim to continue learning, improving, and challenging myself while creating thoughtful, practical, and sustainable architecture that positively contributes to people and place. I see graduation not as the end of my architectural education, but as the beginning of a lifelong journey of learning and practice.